بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, December 08, 2024

Base of right second metacarpal bone with palmaris longus tendonitis. Also fucked up my whole flexors from immobilisation. Do you know your thenar eminence is wasted?

I sustained a fall about a month ago and fractured my dominant hand. I'm taking a break from operating for obvious reason and this ingrate child finally returned home to recuperate. Just throwing it out there in case you see me in Kota Bharu. 

Today I reported duty to HRPZ and the first familiar person I met was this tall person who was one of the best Ortho MO during my time wrecking havoc in HRPZ (read: housemanship). I

I was waiting with a grin as he chatted with some of his staffs. The moment he turned to acknowledge me, I greeted with "Salam Dr. Annas. Ingat saya tak?" 

Dr. Annas Yang Tinggi grinned back and held his hand up. "Talk to the hand." Haven't heard that one in a long while. I broke into a bigger shit-eating grin. Did I tell you Ortho was my favourite posting during HOship? I have no idea why I do Paed Surgery. 

He brought me to his office, where the table cover was glass and the chair was plush. He's the deputy director now, but cue me being the annoying HO, gushing how big his office was and how unfortunately lame the office view was, haha. 

"Macam mana boleh jatuh?" 
"Paip dapur pecah. Jatuh masa mop." 
"Ye ke? Jangan ingat saya tak tahu awak pergi masuk hutan sana sini. Nampak je dekat Facebook tu." 

I know I have high risk behaviours but trust me, I'm very careful with injuries to my hand and perineum. I wear gloves whenever I go trekking, my steps calculated. It would have been cool if I broke my hand boxing the hell out of shit but no, it so happened while I was mopping. 

Per catching up, he suggested I see Mr. Samsuddin in KPJ for my follow up, which I did after settling my formalities. Mr. Din, Allah bless him with more wealth and health, sent me to one of the senior physiotherapist Ikram in HRPZ, who did a good number on me. I was both grateful and head filled with profanities because of him.  

"Esok pukul berapa boleh datang untuk physio?" 
"Bila-bila pun okay. Saya free." 
"Pagi?" 
"Jangan la pagi sangat." 
"Pukul berapa bangun?" 
I laughed out loud. 

Anyhow. I bought canned coffee to give to Ikram tomorrow. I feel like I should buy coffee each time I want to curse a person.

No comments:

Haru & Associates