بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, July 01, 2023

Tribute to FCR

This was something in draft since 2010. I’m cleaning up now, updated this and publishing.

Our family just got back from Australia, it was March and I was not happy of leaving the friends I made in West End State School. I remember mom talking me into going into the class and me standing quite sourly in front of the whole class as Muallimah Mariah Ismail introduced me to the lot. I dragged my Power Rangers backpack to my designated place.

A short girl came up to me and asked me about my Power Rangers pencil case. She was short, yes, and bubbly. I remember that vividly. She packed quite a volume for someone that small and I soon learn more about her.

Her name was Fatimah Che Rahimi and I really appreciate her. Nowadays I text her on her birthday and she get that privilege because she was the first friend I make in primary school.

There was a lot of childish jealousy of not wanting to share best friends drama when I was in primary school, and I was stuck up because of my good English on top of my good academic and leadership. Too competitive. My rivals were Hamizah Abdul Rahman and Lailatul Nur Noor Azmi. Hahaha. We are all doctors now, those two are married with children. Last I heard Mizah is in UPM doing Transfusion Medicine or something, and Laila is in Kelantan working in primary care. They’re functional adults.

And you have me :)

Whenever I think of my primary school days, I feel I need to be very committed to raise a smart troublemaker, or just remain childless as I am now.

No comments:

Haru & Associates