بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

porridge and condiments party in pantry 4A

I went into the pantry to refill my water and in was a group of our staff having their lunch. Kak Maz actively invited me to join them, she showed me where to get the bowl and the spoon. I pulled a chair and got myself a small bowl of chicken porridge that Kak Jen cooked in the pantry.

Kak Maz walked me through the condiments. They were having tempoyak which is a sweet version of it. I didn't want to eat it because durian smells and I have afternoon clinic but I also didn't want to be left out. So I took a really small piece. It tasted exactly like durian, sweet and creamy and kinda unusual to be having with chicken porridge. 

I'm burping as I write this and I can still taste the durian.

They offered me kepayang masak sambal pusak, which is a Sarawakian brown fruit that tasted nutty cooked in the usual sambal ikan bilis. The fruit has a consistency of macadamia but tasted rather plain. The fruit itself is poisonous if not treated properly, so the market sells them ready to be cooked.

Kak Long who seems oldest had 3 bowls. Kak Maz had 2. They encouraged me to have more but I'm shy. I thanked them for the meal and wished Kak Jen murah rezeki. Lovely people. I took my exit for prayers. 

No comments:

Haru & Associates