I'd be in a cubicle with my music on. I don't like earphones actually so my phone will be on medium volume, enough for me to hear and block out everyone else. I'll be seeing patients or most of the time reading Ashcraft or fanfiction or playing Ball Sort.
I'd be playing recordings of concertos or symphonies. My surgeons would pass by and querry what music is that. The nurses would say that's Dr. Atiqah.
Yesterday Vebster dropped in my cubicle and asked me why am I suddenly listening to "classical music".
I looked at him a bit impressed. He used the correct term. The nurses had been calling it opera music and I didn't bother to say anything.
I told him this isn't sudden and smirked.
Actually I'm just drowning my thoughts. I think too much and too deep. With the music on I'd be analysing the music instead, the up bows and down, the phrasing, the rhythm and most importantly the feelings it evoke. And I wouldn't have singers putting words in my feelings for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment