بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Friday, January 22, 2021

that nation no one wants to be acquainted with

When I was playing Maple back in high school, I once trained with a player and he said he's an Israeli. I oh-ed and remembered feeling awkward. I shouldn't be friends with him. 

When I went to Fukuoka in 2019 my table mate was a pretty lady and we stroke up a conversation. She told me she's from Israel. I told her I'm from Malaysia. Then she asked me where have I been in Fukuoka and I flexed my travel itinerary, how I went up to Itoshima to see the Futamigaura on my touch down in Fukuoka. She told me "you have all the most beautiful beaches in Sabah and you come here looking for beaches too?" Yeah I did that. Thanks Luqman for coming along. 

Nowadays I'm listening to classical music. One of the best recordings there are are those of Itzhak Perlman. Guess what nationality he is. 

It's not that I've gotten complacent. It's just me knowing how to thread with things. Like how LGBT is. Religiously it's wrong and illegal, but when Arif told me to judge a person based on his appearance (he wanted me to say the word gay) I told him I don't judge, I accept people how they are. I thought then telling him that one of my best mate is openly gay probably wouldn't be a great idea, kid would be shocked. 

I can't change people. But I will always pray for them.  

No comments:

Haru & Associates