بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

almost one year later

When I first started working I dutifully wore baju kurung to work, but I stopped wearing them during my 5th month of working because it hindered me from jumping onto patient's bed to initiate CPR. Nowadays I only wear baju kurung for eid and when I'm attending weddings, and even that I try to wear my black jubah. So I told mom to give all my baju kurungs away.

Mom said no one wants baju kurungs anyway. Orang Asli prefers shirts and pants. She told me to wear baju kurungs on dates instead.

First - that's fake. Baju kurung is the epitome of a graceful Malay lady, which I'm not. I'm a simple practical person who appreciates practical things.

Second - the last time I went on a date I wore denims and shawl. But maybe I shouldn't have tried so hard. 

No comments:

Haru & Associates