بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

that time Pali craniectomy a Urea 30 plus

I have major respect for Fadhly after assisting him tonight. 

Patient was bleeding, tachycardic, BP dropping. His hands were shaking and he was cursing. Once I told him to istighfar but he didn't hear me and kept the F and S word when the bleeders kept on spurting. So I istighfar for the team instead.

And his hands were shaking. I told him to rest his hands on something to steady them and offered my knuckle. It's something I learned from Boss because I have tremors too.

We were five scrubbed in and we have no surgeon in Lahad Datu. We have no backups. We only have each other. So yeah, Fadhly can unintentionally get me into trouble with Miss and I would take it for him because I have major respect for him and he would back me up any other day.

Also because he apologised to me, haha.

It was a 58 years old gentleman with severe CAP intubated for few days with poor GCS recovery. ICU noted ICB today with midline shift. They referred to Miss who told Fadhly to go in. Fadhly didn't want to because of the poor prognosis but he didn't voice out to Miss. We ended closing in a hurry.

Dija and Fadhly closed the dermis with glial and I started closing the skin even before they finished their layer because Xi Jin and Arif already commenced CPR. It was my first time closing with CPR ongoing. We cannot let the patient die on table. He ROSC after 15 minutes and we pushed him back to the ICU.

We did what we could. And he died 4 hours post op.

No comments:

Haru & Associates