Today was a bad day for the whole team. The team is in a shamble.
On my side, I was scrubbed in for four hours with my surgeon who vented to me and at one point it was on me and I got pissed off. I remained fuming in silence the rest of operation and the scrub nurse was the one trying to set us straight again.
She kept asking am I okay and when she asked one last time after I scrubbed out, I gritted out "of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be fucking okay" and that started today as The Day Atiqah Cursed All Day.
My colleagues cowered and thought I was in a bad mood because of them when in fact I was pissed off at our surgeon haha...
I sat down to write the OT notes, couldn't stop my hands from shaking in anger, threw my spectacles down and declared "I can't do this" and went off to pray. I came back relatively calmer, stopped Vicky who was helpfully trying to write OT notes for me, he even tried to make me rest and not scrub the next OT.
I went up to him, my palms together apologetically and I said "Vi you're my beloved bro, but not today. Don't tell me what to do."
I dragged him out for dinner later, he probably said yes to make sure I don't do illegal things like get drunk and crash the car into the sea.
On my side, I was scrubbed in for four hours with my surgeon who vented to me and at one point it was on me and I got pissed off. I remained fuming in silence the rest of operation and the scrub nurse was the one trying to set us straight again.
She kept asking am I okay and when she asked one last time after I scrubbed out, I gritted out "of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be fucking okay" and that started today as The Day Atiqah Cursed All Day.
My colleagues cowered and thought I was in a bad mood because of them when in fact I was pissed off at our surgeon haha...
I sat down to write the OT notes, couldn't stop my hands from shaking in anger, threw my spectacles down and declared "I can't do this" and went off to pray. I came back relatively calmer, stopped Vicky who was helpfully trying to write OT notes for me, he even tried to make me rest and not scrub the next OT.
I went up to him, my palms together apologetically and I said "Vi you're my beloved bro, but not today. Don't tell me what to do."
I dragged him out for dinner later, he probably said yes to make sure I don't do illegal things like get drunk and crash the car into the sea.

No comments:
Post a Comment