بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Adult Atiqah

So the Surgery family has been borderline pestering me about the Singapore Trauma Conference and I finally succumbed to peer pressure and making it a reality. Okay, actually I'll have more regrets not going then going. Mom and dad said it's up to me whether to go or not to go and I already told them I'll be meeting my MOs there.

Bureaucracy is a pain but as an adult (bwahaha) I have endured and shall present to you what I have done so far. And because tomorrow is my off day and as an adult I will use it productively.

1- I have registered and the organiser is saving me a spot. How kind.

2- I paid using my saving account 4 days ago but only today realised the amount was credited back. So I borrowed my dad's card (I cancelled my supplementary card already) and paid via Visa just now.

3- I have met my Ortho HOD (during the event I am hopefully an Ortho HO) and he has signed my borang cuti! Weehu! Three days yeaaaha! Friday for travel and I want to squeeze in meeting the cousins, Saturday and Sunday conference day!

4- Mr. Mad asked me to meet Miss Maz who is the HO coordinator for Ortho. She was in OT today so I'm using my off day tomorrow to go meet her in her clinic, introduce myself as her soon-HO, arrange my tagging period properly and hopefully not leave a bad first impression as the "HO yang minta cuti sebelum start posting".

5- I have bought the tickets! Cost me a good RM4xx but what's money compared to this opportunity. To be frank half of me just wanted to hang out with these people. The other half is excited for the topics and to ziarah The Li Family, haha. And a tiny bit is beaten by all these forms filling. I have yet to arrange for accommodation.. Remind me to finalise it tomorrow.

6- Which is why I wish to have lunch with Dr. Vicky and exchange plans. But I bet he rarely eats nowadays and he'll be in the OT and invite me in. I will remember to bring my OT clothes ready but I will hesitate to join in..

7- .. because despite my list of adult things to do, I have my exit viva on Tuesday and should study for it. Kata nak lepas masuk Ortho, haha... Not funny Atiqah, don't laugh. Study la budak ni.

8- Also I'm going to the lawyer's office tomorrow to sign papers on the house loan.

9- Then to the bank to apply for a credit card. I tried twice online then the stupid thing logged me out. I have no patience for inefficient process. If they tell me to fill the forms online I am going to exercise my right as a customer. Haha.

Okay. Next is study. I'm still not good at how to start OHA or Mixtard.

No comments:

Haru & Associates