Pantai Senok, Bachok is all the hype nowadays because the rows of planted Beach Rhu looked like somewhere in Korea. Hipsters come and pose. Brides come for photoshoot.
The Rhus are part of the national program of replanting swamp trees. Unfortunately for the place, when people flock to them they leave behind rubbish everywhere. They take pictures but take the beauty for granted. I was pissed when I saw the pictures they all posted with flecks of rubbish on the ground.
So today, on my off day, I went there with two plastic bags of my own. Parked my car and smelled the air. Saw several hipsters picnicking and posing. I scanned the ground and started picking up rubbish in between the rows of Rhu, making my way to the beach and singing to L'arc-en-Ciel.
Ten minutes in, a lady came up to me.
"Hi. Do you have an extra plastic bag."
"Yes I have," I straightened my back.
"May I have one?"
"Sure." I dug out my extra plastic bag.
"Do you study here or work here?"
She was smiling amiably. She didn't look like a threat, but I'm not exactly a fan of talking to strangers. I had my shades on.
"I work." I answered curtly. Why did it matter? This is the world we live in, we are responsible to keep it clean.
"Where?"
"At the hospital."
"Are you a nurse? Or a doctor?"
"Doctor." Dude if you look closely, as you are standing close to me, you would notice I was wearing a scrub.
"Ooh. Thanks."
I nodded and went back to singing and picking up rubbish. I noticed she picked her share with her I-assume husband.
Half hour and my plastic was full. I went to the beach and walked all the way to the lighthouse, climbed up the stone barrier and admired the scene where Sungai Pengkalan Datu (the one running behind HUSM that I went occasionally) ended into the sea. The beach appeared leveled and the wave dangerous. This was not a good spot for a kid to mess around alone, I could fall into the sea unnoticed.
So I went back to where the rhus stood.
---
I haven't been to the Sungai Pengkalan Datu bridge for a while now. The last time I went there, I told Luqman about that place and he said "enlightening. Should have brought me along" and I said "next time".
I'm a man of my word so I should take him with me when I go there next and although I want to, I'm not one to initiate the invite, bwahaha. I just go out and hope we're nirvana enough to meet up without planning to. Stupid, yes. And because I don't go with him, I can't go to the river nowadays. Because I said I'll bring him along the next time I go there.
Man I'm messed up. I need new routes.

No comments:
Post a Comment