So I'm the notorious car-denter in the family (but only second to Hajime). Today I went out in my father's car as I have been since I sent him to the airport yesterday for his Bangkok trip. Mom and him didn't forget to message me to "drive safely" from the airport.
I know, I know. The road at the airport is excellent for speeding and despite what they said, I sped anyway.
So today I went out in dad's government car. Mom told me to be careful. From the way she said it I know she wanted me to take the Innova instead but hey, I've grown to like the Perdana/Honda because of its smooth speed.
And when I got to Lin's house... I accidentally slid too close to the gate and it made a horrifying sound.
Oh God, please don't punish me please please don't let me do this to my dad.
Lin was aghast. I sweat-dropped and told her coolly "I'll handle it later. Let's go to the mall first."
And yeah after we parked, wound inspection showed a clean scratch about 8cm tall and half cm each side of the back door and the body. I was saved. It wasn't bad (compared to how I dented the Innova).
When I got home, I answered mom questions about what we ate and questioned Lin's allergy. I sat down and solemnly started.
"I have something to announce."
Mom turned around to face me. "I knew it."
"I'll send the car for a wash and polish this Saturday." Because tomorrow I'm oncall. Let's not tell dad until he gets back, please?
"How bad was it?" Hyde asked.
"Not that bad, just minimal scratch." Unlike the Innova, I wanted to add but thought better of it.
"Not dented?"
"Nope," I grinned. God I'm a beast. I need to buy my own car to wreck.

No comments:
Post a Comment