بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Difficulty

I had one whiny patient during my oncall the other day. She was calling for shortness of breath but really, all parameters were stable. I checked, believe me. It was 3am, I need her to be stable. She kept asking for her "ubat cucuk" and I effing checked her med chart, we never endorse her any ubat cucuk. She wasn't even tachypnic, saturation 99, lungs acceptable, ECG normal, I don't know what to give her so I gave her neb saline stat and what do you know, her complaint stopped. She was happy.

I then checked with the nurse and asked her what did the nurses in HDW gave to her that she was currently asking for. Turned out they gave her regular saline, as expected! God.

When she called me a fifth time, I looked up from my two-cases-havent-clerk-yet and told the student nurses oncall who were noting me

"You guys handle her please. I'll give you 10 ringgit."

No comments:

Haru & Associates