Oh hi. Hello. I'm supposed to be writing a subtle but formal email while Egypt is still sleeping and as expected I'm stressed about it so here I am writing crap. Let me tell you why.
Last night I slept on the couch and woke up remembering a vivid dream. I was in my last day in Egypt, packing my room and at the same time making time for one last PERU*ATAN program. It was a UBM-laced program, which was absurd as I will never be caught dead attending such an abomination.
You know what, such a setting was so impossible I guess it does mean the whole dream was absurd and I should scrap this subtle-but-formal-email plan. But anyway, let's proceed.
So on my way there with a girl friend, we met Dr. Hussein. He was wearing a red polo, sort of worn down, and he greeted us with a smile. My friend and I salam-ed him like kids would their father. However, what surprised me was that his wild hair was gone. He had a haircut. And he said he was going to the same program to give out the cert.
My friend and I continued our journey to the program where we got to our seat and I saw at a corner of the stage was Dr. Fathy Khodair in his academic robe. That was a misery and then I timely woke up.
So that was the dream. Let's break it down.
(1) The fact I dreamed about Dr. Hussein probably points to me missing him, which I will not deny.
(2) He was otw to a program to give out cert. Why is this playing in my dream? I swear I am not peachy over him absent from our graduation. I understand his position and he told me in advance about it!
(3) He had a haircut. Now this is worrisome. He likes his wild hair. Dr. Shen told us that during running for the deanship, people told Dr. Hussein they would not vote for him unless he get rid of his hair. And to that, his response was "then don't vote for me, I'm keeping my hair", as expected from a man of principle.
And as it is, there's a celebration of the preceeding administration team going on at the faculty this 14th. When I first saw the email, I was amused. You don't trust a regime, they're never sincere. What's the catch, I wondered. And I wondered how Dr. Hussein is holding up.
And so that's why I think now is the right time to write Dr. Hussein the email I told him I will write. Which is easier said than done. I'm not even sure to open with a "Dearest sir" or a "Dearest Dr. Hussein".
"But I'll get it done."
P/s: I went to see him on my last day in Egypt and I owe a blog post about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment