For mature readers only. Yaya! Pergi baca buku sekarang!
At the end of the class, the doctor gave us a question. When can herpes virus type 1 causes genital infection and herpes virus type 2 causes oral infection?
The answer was simple enough. I nodded in understanding and class was dismissed.
Outside, a friend rushed past me. "All this time I thought oral *** means kissing! Wth."
I chuckled nervously. I wasn't sure whether she was so innocent or I am a know-it-all or a downright pervert.
Another friend nodded in agreement to her. She turned to me, "But it is abnormal, right? Surely it can't be normal."
It had to be a trick question, right? This one had to be answered delicately. I realized I had early exposure to a different culture yet living in a different one entirely. Talk about socially displaced.
"I think the word normal itself depends on what culture you are in."
She accepted my answer. "Medically, religiously, it has to have some sort of drawbacks, right?"
It would be interesting to Google this one up. The resident showed up to take our attendance and I was saved from answering her.
This is going to be an interesting week.

No comments:
Post a Comment