One of the photogenic site in the compound of Kasr el-Ainy Medical School is the big clock towering over the Dean's building, which makes up part of the old hospital at the back of our school.
![]() |
| Kasr el Ainy's Dean building. |
There is a sign near the entrance of the Dean's building indicating it is for officers only and that patients and students should use the entrance via hospital. But it is closest to some part of the hospital so while having my Surgery round, I confidently commute daily through the Dean's building.
Inside the Dean's building is a wide screen television that displays updates on whatever the doctors are having intermingles with motivational quotes. I love those and will slow down in front of the screen as I pass through to see what advice is God partaking with me that day.
Almost all of them I can greatly relate to what I was feeling or thinking on that particular day. Always makes me pumped up.
![]() |
| Dean's building at night. We were heading out of the O&G Department. |
For example. Once I was running to class with CNBLUE's Let's Go Crazy playing in my ears. The advice of the day was: "Crazy people who think they can change the world are usually the ones who do."
While I was heading for my mock Surgery OSCE without finish studying, the advice of the day was: "A leap of faith."
Currently I am in my Obs & Gynae round so I no longer use the Dean's building route. But we pass in front of it on the way from the Obs & Gynae Hospital to the mass lecture hall, so loyal me will run inside just to see what advice Allah has in store for me that day.
There has been an ongoing something I am trying to give up on. Yesterday, I received a prank message via a friend and typical me, I overthought. When I passed in front of the Dean's building and peeked inside to see the advice of the day, it was: "Love never fails."
I was laughing exasperatedly by the road, confusing some passersby.
Today was a continuation of last night's instability I could not find a cause for. I was talking with Farahain while trying to peek inside the Dean's building to see what was in store for me. And guess what?
(O Prophet), it was thanks to Allah's mercy that you were gentle to them. Had you been rough, hard-hearted, they would surely have scattered away from you. So pardon them, and pray for their forgiveness, and take counsel from them in matters of importance. And when you are resolved on a course of action put your trust in Allah. Surely Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).
Surah Al-Imran verse 159
Problem solved.
---
I like to think that when you live your life truly believing that everything in life has been written and happens as Allah dictated, then you'll live a life of no worries. Allah's with us.
Just use your heart and brain not to confuse the signals, haha.



No comments:
Post a Comment