بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

26th July - Sky Blanket

Two years ago after sending my dad off at his check-in counter at Heathrow Terminal 4, I trotted along with my bag in tow for my flight to Egypt (mine was Terminal 3, I think?) and was alone to amuse myself.

So indeed it was soothing that the check-in British Airway officer was young and very friendly with pretty smile some more ;) I get that Britons are polite people, but they are not exactly as amiable compared to the Germans. Anyway, he didn't make me feel awkward and he even asked if I have a preferred seat.

"If you could give me an isle seat, please."

"You sure you don't want the window seat?" His smile reached up his eyes.

"Very sure." I smiled back reassuringly.

"Isle it is."

Isle, because when I took Emirates from KUL to CAI on 2009, I had the agoniest of time waiting for the sleeping person next to me to wake up so I can run for the WC. I don't wake people up for my sake, I believe it is a violation of human right.

I swear I jotted down his name for keeps; forgive me Mr. Awesome.

Dad always pick me a window seat, though. For a short hour journey between KUL and KBR I think it's perfect, especially when it's clear and so blankety outside.





p/s: Speaking of flight attendants, there's this guy named Banter on my Saudi Airway from RUH to KUL who reminded me of Orlando Bloom the very moment I sat glance on him. Good thing he wasn't in charge of my section or I would have been deeply in trouble (hehe).

The crew who tended to us, her name was Fatimah and I couldn't thank her enough for she was prompt and friendly while tending to us. The flight was the first that I was beyond sleepy (if you count out easyJet between Munich and London) and I was holding the cup in my hands while shutting my eyes. But then I felt the cup being gently tugged and I opened my eyes to see her smilingly clearing cups away.

Syaimaa later told me that they had a good chuckle when Fatimah stood awkwardly beside my sleeping form, doubting whether or not to take the cup from me.

4 comments:

Haru said...

looking back at these pictures, i felt like jumping onto those cotton. now that would have been disastrous.

next year we're taking up sky-diving!

Unknown said...

the parachute cant hold u. :p

Haru said...

why you want to die so early aah!

Amermeftah said...

these, are nice

Haru & Associates