بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Closure, Perhaps?

Parked the car outside school. Saw his car coming up. He exited with that haish pose of him.

The shook of the head, the sigh, the small grin and that fidgeting attitude.

I carved a small smile.

Entered the school and saw Haikal exiting. "Teacher! Raja wanted to give you a present!"

"Yes, Haikal, that's what I'm here for." I grinned. "And to meet you guys."

He walked on backwards and accompanied me to the class.

The banats saw me and rushed over. The salamed my hands and chatters began.

I side-stepped into the class and saw what usually happen in class. Hazim was wrestling with Haiqal as he chatted up with me.

Multi-tasker.

"Nice decorations you guys have here. Won the trophy yet?"

"Not yet." Hazim continued wrestling.

Raimi was facing me, yet his eyes were on Majdi and Aqil as the three mousketeers talked.

"Hey Raimi." No reaction. "How come you didn't come to my house?"

"He didn't get the card." Raja replied as he hand over the present Kak Raja gave me. I thanked him profusely, digging out what was inside.

"Teacher, you have Raimi's number?" Raja suddenly piped out.

"Huh?"

Hazim repeated the question. I glanced at our silent prefect. "I don't. Why?"

They disregarded my question. Oh well. Kids have the attention span of a goldfish, don't they? They only remember who feeds them; give and take.

"Hazim, send my regards to others."

"Don't want to." Same old answers. I smiled. Smart-brat kids express the opposite of what they really think, don't they?

I exited the class as they all shuffle pass for their morning line-ups. Raimi was nearby, not talking.

"Raimi," He remained his grin yet he faced sideways. "Send my regards to Ikbal."

Was that a "Ha." and a nod?

I grinned. "See you guys around."

Deliberate non-responsive. He is so easy to read. That's the Raimi I know for approximately 50 days.

He miss me. Kak Raja confirmed that on Friday.

But it would be much better had he say it.

That reminds me of a quote. "Women are like the cops. They could have all the evidents in the world, but they still want the confession."

*smirks*

I'll miss them, I know I would. Maybe even more than I miss my family. I can always call home, but how do you contact a group of Year 3 kids?

Aha! Birthday cards!

p/s: I only remember a boy who's birthdate was three days before mine. And Ikbal was born in early March if I'm not mistaken.

Urgh. I'm hopeless.

1 comment:

Haru said...

up till now, never did i contact them
though kekadang kirim salam ke diorang thru yaya, kak raja, aisya
haha
memang hopeless >.<

Haru & Associates