I wrote once during my third posting in Ortho I had a beef with one of the Anaes MO. The next encounter I had with her was my last oncall in O&G where I was oncall OT and she happened to be the Anaes oncall OT Zamrud that time.
We had a fetal distress and I diluted the antibiotics. It was co-amoxiclavulonic acid popularly known as Augmentin but the one our hospital used was the generic trade named Clavam. I then labelled it as IV Co-amoxiclav 1.2g in 20cc and scrubbed in.
Suddenly she screamed. "Sape dilute antibiotics ni?!!"
Me putting on my glove. "Saya. Kenapa."
"Awak dilute ape ni??"
"IV Co-amoxiclav."
"Awak tahu tak benda ni Augmentin??"
"Tahu."
"Habis tu kenapa awak tak label je Augmentin??"
Wtf why should I? Augmentin tu trade name and kita bukan guna Augmentin pun. I frowned and opened my mouth to fire back "Se-"
"Kenapa awak marah HO saya? Tak boleh ke awak cakap baik-baik??"
I stared at my MO who backed me up. Wow. Dr. Amin. Did I hear that right?
"Buat la kerja betul-betul. Fetal distress kan ni." She drawled.
"Communicate je la baik-baik."
I shut up and let those two to it. It was a Saturday and I was going to report duty to Anaes that Tuesday and I kept on thinking should I really go through with what I want and suffer among uncivilized people or should I change to ED and live happily among friends.
I seriously thought about it. But I stuck with Anaes because jerks are anywhere anyway, they shouldn't be my reasoning.

No comments:
Post a Comment