بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Good Kids Don't Lie

Sunday I had round with Dr. Fazirah.

Monday I was postcall and as per previous post, covered the cubicle and got blasted by Dr. Mat.

Tuesday Dr. Fazirah did her rounds in the PM with Dr. Afnan because I was having my viva.

Wednesday today, Dr. Mat came and did his round at my cubicle. Dr. Fazirah came a bit later and obviously she wanted to dibs the first cubicle but Dr. Mat totally ignored her. So she settled for cubicle 3 and 4.

I wanted to cry. Hahaha...

Anyway. Dr. Mat is a good specialist because he teaches and expect high expectations from us. He doesn't sugar coat or be cynical. He serves the reality as it is. I am grateful that I'm learning from following his rounds but I won't push my luck so much because I'm not denying it hurts. And I was rendered speechless.

I miss Dr. Fazirah. Tomorrow Thursday I am on a two-day leave for the sake of it, so I won't be having rounds anymore unless next week I am still in HDW. The nurses in my cubicle obviously noticed I was having a hard time and SN Syazwan somewhat consoled me. But really I just want to cry, study and get over it.

I should have answered him "I'll get it done" instead of a simple "okay". But I don't want to be seen as cocky, and he doesn't look like a person who cares what you plan, more like what you execute.

Later I picked out that Dr. Afnan was highlighting his positive points.

"Dr. Mat anti kalau orang tak pernah buat pleural tap."

"Other people might lie, but I can't do that. Saya akan mengaku je saya tak pernah. Dulu pun kena dengan Dr. Asiah sebab camni jugak."

"Good. Baguslah."

I'm a good kid, I will cover for a colleague but I won't ever lie to save myself. And tomorrow despite on leave, that pleural tap is going to be done successfully by me, Allahumma ameen.

No comments:

Haru & Associates