بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Trust without depending

For example, I need help so as usual will contact the person who I trust has the ability to help and most likely to say yes. We decide to do so-and-so at a certain time and place.
But for some reason he didn't show up. I'll wait for the benefit of doubt and then proceed to do it by myself. Or if I really can't do it myself, say it's a gender-specific or person-specific task, I'll find someone else or reschedule.
No hard feelings, because I trust that person but I don't depend on him. Life goes on. What is most important is things get done. Everything else can go die.
---
Sometimes I feel like that way of life is sad, because I know it comes from previously trusting and depending on people and having them break that trust. You got hurt. Thus you decrease human attachments for the sake of not getting hurt again.
Some people call it strong. I suppose. When you learn from pain, you'll become stronger. In this world, you should only be vulnerable in front of the person who loves you the most. Someone you can trust and depend on.
Good luck. You'll need that.

No comments:

Haru & Associates