بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Maturity Yardstick

The problem with introducing my friends to my youngest brother of nine years old is that he will start comparing us. Each time we leave a friend's wedding, he will pop the question in the car ride home.

"Why aren't you married?"

Usually I laugh him off and tell him the things I'd rather do with the money people spend on weddings, like buy a house or travel somewhere exciting. Today I decided to humour him.

"I don't know. Who should I marry anyway?"

"I don't know, anybody."

"Does anybody has a name?"

"How should I know!" At this point he was squirming in his seat, whining from my unsatisfactory answers.

"Ask me again when anybody has a name."

And then I told him the things I'd rather do with the money people spend on weddings.

1 comment:

Haru & Associates