بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Love Captured

He was smiling at me and his whole face lit up with the beam of innocence. His eyes nearly crinkled and he was looking straight at me with that happy smile and a love-filled eyes.

The smile when the person in front of you was the one who made you the happiest, the person you loved the most. That alone was enough to make me drop everything and hug him right that instant and clobber him with kisses.

But there was more.

He was sitting on soft sand, wearing shorts and barefooted. Sand all over his legs. Playfully his right hand was up, calling for me. Urging me to come at him. Join him. Even better, pick him up and throw him up high.

An affectionate child. I would drop everything and tackle him right that instant. I would let my back fall on the sand and wrestle him for being so adorable.

I would if I could. It drove me mad because I couldn't. And I have nothing else as alternative, no babies nearby to hug.

It was just a picture. He was smiling at his parents perhaps, miles away from here. The genuine love was for the parents who loved him even before he was born and who raised him up. A pose captured on camera.

I am just a stranger looking, never the one to indulge.

2 comments:

MFR said...

Your time will come one day. Not just you can wrestle him but also he will smile at you with full of love.

Btw feel free to ask for more. ^^

Haru said...

Hehe thanks ayoh de

Haru & Associates