بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Homemade Kicap Soya

Kak Teha baked some muffins for her circle today and she assembled them in my room. When I walked in, she gave me one. I accepted and walked to where Kicap and Soya were chirping madly this evening.

Picked a small bit off my muffin and placed it in front of those two chicks. "Here, Kak Teha baked. Shut up and enjoy."


Those two obliged. I ate my muffin while watching them. They pecked and pecked and then went elsewhere, not finishing the piece of muffin. I scoffed at them.

"Oh," an afterthought came to mind. "Forgot to tell you there's egg in the muffin. Haha."

---

I brought home two baby chicks two days ago. Going to fat them up and fry them once they're big enough or keep them alive if they provide us with fresh morning eggs. We named them Kicap (the brown one) and Soya (the white one).


Kicap today seems fluffier and more boisterous. I touched him and he ran like headless on fire. He's going to be hell to catch once big enough to be slaughtered. He's also fun to play with. I pick him up and he'll walk all over my hand, perching like a bird on my one finger, or each foot on separate fingertips. He'll watch solemnly from above like the king of his kind forgetting that he is actually a flightless chick who fits nicely in my palm and I can squeeze him asphyxiated anytime.

Whereas Soya is a drama chick. She chirped with her mouth opened plenty times today. I think that's the equivalent of screaming like a cat is onto her and woke me up from my afternoon nap. Kinda annoyed, but made me grateful they're baby chicks, not human baby.

I bought two because for survival, there should be two of you. And when there's two of you, you can dream bigger dreams. If the chicks were to escape from me, being together will give them higher chance for success. I like to see them try.

Anyway. Hurry up and get fat already.

1 comment:

sufiyyah zulkifli said...

hoho!
this is amazing!!!
you really need (or i should use 'like' or 'love'?) a pet eh k.tiqah? :)

Haru & Associates