بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Laid-back

I never get the hang on long-haul public transport. It either makes me nauseous or sleepy. For the sake of everyone, I sleep.

It was only ten minutes into the journey and already I lost consciousness. The bumpy ride jolted me awake and the Egyptian aunty on my right gushed for me to continue sleeping, patting her shoulder.

Apparently I had spent the last half hour using her shoulder as a makeshift pillow. I sheepishly apologized to her but the uncle on my left and passengers in front of me gushed me to have my sleep. I didn't know why they were so concerned (either I looked toxic or they took in my small frame and considered me a pathetic lonesome girl) and at loss of word, I obliged and continued sleeping on her shoulder. It lasted another fifteen minutes, before the bumpy road was too much and I had to change my head position to lean onto the seat in front of me.

I woke up in time for my stop. My voice was still hoarse from the sleep so the uncle shouted out my stop to the driver. I bid him farewell and continued my journey.

I am one freaking laid-back traveller. Some will say my dependency on Allah is so high I forget everything else, haha.

No comments:

Haru & Associates