
Dora the Explorer versus Uzma Suhaili.
Her name was Uzma and she went on the trip with her father Encik Suhaili, mother Kak Faten and six years old sister Awla.
Kak Faten, Encik Suhaili and Awla.
She hardly spoke to strangers thus I concluded she was smart. She kept herself stone-faced when I smiled at her, cooed at her even, and that amused me to no ends. I mean, how often do you come across an expressionless toddler? I understand shy, but this one stared at you straight in the eye, batting no eyelids.
One day midway through our trip, she surprised me by popping up from behind my seat with a cute greeting and smile that showed her straight row. Her voice was so small and childish as she giggled and shoved me her book, asking to sit beside me and for me to read the Aladdin book for her.
All those days of cooing and coaxing finally paid off, I smirked.
The little doll spoke with Scottish accent. It was so genuine and blended in like her own mother tongue, and I was reminded of my Psychology lecturer who spoke perfect British accent thus throwing me to the realm of Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale.
So sweet was her voice, that I was reminded of my childhood and my own mother when she called for her mommy. That moment on I decided to call my mama mommy.
Discreetly, of course. Nothing too palpable, I might raise people's eyebrow.

1 comment:
sebijik cam dora tu...lol
Post a Comment