Pali started doing the OGDS when I came back from observing a colonoscopy in the other room. I wore my gown and gloves and just silently stood beside him. He finished the retroflex and suddenly handed me the scope with a "CLO test lepas tu withdraw." Then he unscrubbed.
He's like that since he first told me to get an ABG for an acutely ill patient he was staring intently at from the counter on my first week in Lahad Datu. That time I laughed thinking he's treating me like a HO, and I was obedient because I respect him.
I took over the scope happily. It made me wonder, why did I like to be told what to do by Pali? I felt respected despite being ordered around. Was it his tone, or because I was used to him? Or was it me being out of control of myself that I want someone else steering for a while.
I took the biopsy for CLO test. think it's the latter. I am not assertive enough, I was brought up in a clinical setting where I don't ask for things for myself because my old boss dislike people asking for permission to do procedures, she would permit them herself when she felt they were ready.
I thought he was busy, but that bastard (affectionate. You know this right? I like a lot of bastards.) wasn't even needed somewhere else. He was still around doing something idk what but I did the report while he was nosying with the CLO test result. Had I been a lesser person I would have thought he had a kick for ordering people around.

No comments:
Post a Comment