I went to get my hair trimmed. They offered hair wash and although I just washed my hair, why not. I've the money to help this small economy. The scalp massage was good.
"Kau orang Bugis kah?"
Usually I say I'm a Bugis (am actually half Minang, quarter Bugis, quarter Jawa) from Kota Belud (Kota Bharu, KB, same difference), but
"Tak, aku Melayu dari Semenanjung."
"Ooh. Kau belajar kah di sini?"
Those words put the biggest grin on my face. Lately I've been feeling old, so old and tired. Glad some things didn't change.
---
Our rooms were the farthest away and I'm glad I didn't have to tell them to wait for me to walk to reception. (It was dark and we're in the woods and I'm kinda a tiny bit chicken.) Arif is a gentleman, he does look out for me. My arm was swollen because I got stung by a wasp and Arif texted me to remind me to go get ice from the receptionist.
I asked them if they have ice. They don't. I asked if their first aid kit has got any hydrocortisone cream or Piriton and the receptionist showed me their first aid kit.
While I was rummaging the kit she asked me if I work at the hospital, I affirmed. She then asked for suggestions what else to top up their first aid kit. I then made a list.
Arif came (they were lounging upstairs in the hammock) and rummaged through their prescription. I asked him to counter check my list. He nodded, not adding anything else. Then he pulled out Cetirizine and gave it to me.
Makan ni.
What is this. I'm not familiar.
Antihistamine. Tapi tak mengantuk.
Oo nice.
I took two pills. Hehe.
It was raining heavily and we then played cards to wait it off. But it was almost 10pm and reception is closing. It was still pouring. I don't want to get drenched nanti demam.
Okay. Sape kalah last game dia kena ambil payung dalam kereta. I said.
Aku rasa macam aku je yang kalah ni. Arif pulled my car keys towards him.
It was between Kamal and Arif. I think I won only a few times but I lost only 3 times. Arif banyak menang tapi kalahnya 4 kali. Kamal paling banyak kalah.
Last game. I won! Haha noob guyssss. Rain was slowing to pattering. I was wearing parka anyway. The guys are still at it. Should I let the loser go get it or should I just go while the rain is minimal?
I went to my car and got the umbrellas. I returned and saw the guys already cleaned our table and put away the cups. Okay let me pee first then we go.
Arif yang kalah btw.
And my swollen area seemed bigger. Ah. Tangan manja is what Arif said. Yup I agree.

No comments:
Post a Comment