بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Human are social creatures. They need to talk to somebody.

Yesterday I had company for dinner after having dinner alone since I went back home. It was fun despite me charging a RM75 bill. I forgot how fun it was to have company.

Then today I was in OT elective thus hungry all day and by the time I clocked out at 5 plus, I was thinking of food. To have company was fun, but who should I ask out for dinner tonight?

"I'm hungry," my surgeon said. So it was decided.

Dinner talk was work a bit, gossip mostly. My surgeon also said

"Look at the trainees. They are taking all opportunities for hands on skill. It's always either Che Mat or Chung in OT. Why are the others not doing the same?"

I stalled. There's no excuse out of this. I'm not the kind to say "You're right I'm sorry, will work harder" because I don't think that's the right answer.

"I'm not talking about you in particular, I'm talking about everyone."

I remained stalling. There's no excuse. But I should say something.

She changed the topic and talked about her MOs who are now surgeons and surgeons-to-be.

---

We went to our cars, mine on the opposite side of the road. She called out to me.

"Recruit your team."

"What?"

"Recruit your team. You can't be good alone. You have to have people working together with you. Then only you can all work happily and in continuity. That's what I said to Zaim. He was brilliant and too good, but he then learned to work with others."

"Thanks Miss." I sincerely meant that. I know I suck at delegating. How to not suck at delegating?

No comments:

Haru & Associates