بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Eyecargo

When I arrived in front of the exam hall, I greeted my friends.

"Hi guys."

"Didn't you sleep last night?"

"Huh?"

Now where did that came from?

Truth was I slept four hours last night and even managed an hour of rolling around semi-consciously before I really had to get up, alhamdulillah for that.

Then it occurred to me. Perhaps sleep deprivation had etched its mark on me and I could never get the refreshed look back on my face despite the enough sleep I got the night before. They call it eyebag, but mine probably is a cargo. Haha. (Geddit?)

Despite the sleep, I was still beyond sleepy during the exam. Even the Post-Exam Coma was as troublesome as always. But still, I'm always so sleepy. Hmm.

Where has all the keberkatan gone to?

Feeling refreshed is a gift from God. You can sleep an hour at night and still have the strength to get through the day. Strength and refreshment all come from God and He can grant it to any of His deserving servants.

And it shows on your face. Notice how we feel calm at just looking at someone's face? It's their iman lighting them up, a manifestation of their piety.

I'm lacking piety, maybe. Huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 hours sleeping is long enough for exam mode.

Haru said...

Too long actually. I'm habituated to caffeine already, can't forcefully stay awake.

Haru & Associates